You might also find connections through group of people with shared interests. These could be alumni, professional organizations, civic groups, or others.
To join a group, here’s what you do:
- Click on the groups link on the top bar of LinkedIn.
- Then click on Groups You May Like. LinkedIn will then display groups that would likely have a shared interest with you. When you look at each of these possible groups, you will see how many in the group are in your network.
- Click on the group name for a group you might like to join. You will see some of your connections who are in this group.
- If you want to join the group, just click on Join Group. You will then be notified that your application is pending. You will be notified once you are accepted into the group.
- You can also click on Groups Directory to find other groups. When you find a group you may like, click on the View button. This will then give you an idea of what the group is like.
- Once you join a group, you will be given periodic updates on the group via email.
By connecting to a group, you can greatly expand your possible connections. .