You may want to find possible connections that are with specific companies in a specific geographic location, or have a specific job title. This type of search can be especially helpful if you are looking for a possible job.
Here’s how to do this search
- Go to the LinkedIn homepage. Check on the Advanced Search link in the top right corner.
- Next determine your search parameters. Here are some suggestions:
- Title – indicate the title of the job you are looking for.
- Location – give the zip code of an area where you want to live and then indicate the radius of interest from this location.
- Company – give the name of the organization of interest. If this is your primary interest, link this with a title search, but let the location be anywhere.
- Type of Industry – scroll down until you find the industry connection you are interested in.
Be careful that your search is not too narrow. When you have defined the search, then click on the Search button.
- The result of the search should generate a series of names of people who meet your search criteria. At the bottom of the box for each of these possible connections is a link for shared connections. Check on this link, and you will see who you share a connection with.
- Click on the profile of the person to see if this is someone you would like to connect with.
- When you find someone you want to connect with, then go through the same process described in steps 6-8 in the Topic: Finding Possible Connections – 1.
As your connections grown on LinkedIn, you will find that you have mutual connections with a wide cross-section of people who might be helpful to you. .