A lot of students in college should receive much better grades than they are receiving because they have too much fun. Fun is staying out too late, going to too many parties, spending too much time playing video games, or just wasting time hanging out with friends.
Here are a couple ways to help you limit the amount of fun you have:
- Set a schedule and manage your time so you can have fun. Having fun is simply part of college and every student should be able to experience it, but you need to manage it.
- Another helpful thing to do is set a fun budget for every week. Every time you go out you’re going to be spending money. So if you make a budget then you’re going to help limit the times you go out. Unless you’re working while being in school all you’re doing is spending without making anything, so your bank account is just going to disappear. So if you look at your account every day you will be less likely to go out and spend a lot of money.
- Set up a reward system for yourself. For every assignment that you complete allow yourself a certain amount of time to do your favorite activity. For example, if you have 8 hours’ worth of assignments due for the next day, each assignment that you complete you should award yourself 15-30 minutes.
- Another great way to help limit fun is to record assignments on a white board in your room for the week and get a planner and fill it out. Even write things in there like gym time. Make sure that there are no gaps. For example if on a Tuesday, you only have a small assignment due the next day look at the homework coming up that week or tests so you can start studying ahead.
- Another helpful way of rewarding yourself is that if you do well on a test then treat yourself with whatever you would want it to be. The same goes as if you finish a big paper, and so on. This is a great way to try and balance school work and your fun.
Very few students can stay in college if they don’t learn how to manage the fun activities and learn to spend time on studies. Remember that those who don’t learn how to manage the fun side of college will get new roommates. These are called parents..