College can be physically very taxing. While studying something isn’t you associate with being physical, there are days when you are just drained.
Here are some ways to get yourself energized for your long days while at college:
- Eat, exercise, sleep – Breakfast is critical, even if it’s only a breakfast sandwich eaten on the way to class.
- Make sure to give your body rest throughout the week and don’t push yourself to the limit – you need at least seven hours sleep every night. See the topic: Getting a Good Nights’ Sleep
- Take a 15 or 20 minute nap occasionally to revive your body a little – Don’t nap longer, this will be worse on your body.
- Schedule workouts. Don’t let them interfere with schoolwork, but set aside time to exercise.
- Dedicate yourself to what you love and are enthusiastic about. Find a major that excites you. Take at least one course a semester that excites you.
- Have some comic relief every once in a while to relieve stress and make you feel better (youtube videos are a great way of doing this).
Once you get yourself in the position of being energized, follow these rules to keep the energy going:
- Try to plan out your day (when you eat, exercise and sleep).
- Eat a balanced diet (greens, meats, carbs)
- Take a weight training, or other PE class, so that you’re pretty much forcing yourself to be energized throughout the semester.
- After a hard day of school, go to the gym and exercise to relieve some stress.
- Make your own energy products such as mixing your favorite fruits together.
- Get outside, even on the days when you feel lazy or when it is gloomy and cloudy. Being outside will enhance your mood.
- Use a short morning workout to get yourself up and ready for the events of the day.
- Take a vitamin every day. It will boost your energy over the long run.
- Get adequate sleep and keep it consistent.
- Drink a lot of water, keep your body hydrated.
- Find someone you can talk to that can help get you out of a funk you may be in.
- Limit your use of energy drinks or supplements. These contain a lot of caffeine and are not good for you.